Whey Proteins Give Children All the Amino Acids Needed for Growth
Did you know that there are two kinds of amino acids? Some of them, known as non-essential amino acids, are produced within the body. Others, known as essential amino acids can only be obtained from the food we eat. Both kinds are necessary for children. So, it is important to find the best protein source for kids to ensure that they get the right nutrition.
Why Depend on Food For Amino Acids?
As mentioned before, some amino acids can only be obtained through food. The real question is how much does the body make and how much does your child get through food sources?
There are a total of 21 amino acids that the body needs. Out of this, the body makes only 12 of them. This means that we are actually quite dependent on the food that we eat to fulfill the body’s requirements completely. Foods that are rich in protein are the best way to make sure that your child gets a regular source of essential amino acids each day. Especially in the growing years, it is crucial to find the best protein source for kids.
What Do Amino Acids Do?
To put it very simply, amino acids are the core of the entire structure of the body. Amino acids form proteins that are responsible for all the growth and repair that takes place in our bodies. The best protein drink for kids makes sure that your child gets all the amino acids that he or she needs in order to develop healthily.
Here are some important functions of amino acids that will help you understand their importance better:
- They help in the formation of new muscle fibres and all connective tissues in the body.
- They maintain the strength of the muscles.
- Any healing or repair of tissues and cells in the body depends on amino acids.
- In children, amino acids are responsible for the production of growth hormones that are necessary for proper development.
- Energy levels are maintained at optimal levels with the consumption of ample amino acids.
- Several other hormones in the body require amino acids to be produced at the necessary levels.
- Some neurotransmitters are produced using amino acids. This determines various cognitive functions and even the mood of a person.
- Skin, nails, and hair remain healthy when your child consumes enough amino acids.
Is Whey The Best Amino Acid Source for Children?
Before we get into why whey is the best protein source for children, let us understand what whey is. Whey proteins are milk proteins. They are found in dairy products along with another type of protein called casein.
Whey protein is often called the complete protein. As you know, there are 9 essential amino acids that need to be consumed through dietary sources. Whey proteins contain all nine amino acids making it one of the best dietary sources of amino acids for the body.
Whey protein can be found in dairy products or can be added to your child’s diet through the best protein drinks for kids.
Let us explore some more reasons why whey proteins are the best source of amino acids for your child:
- It is easily absorbed by the body: The digestive system of children is quite delicate. Proteins are essentially hard to digest. There are some sources of protein like soy or casein that are harder for the body to digest than others. Of course, they have their own benefits. However, for children, choosing whey as a reliable protein source is advisable as it does not cause any digestive issues. Since it is easily absorbed, it also means that your child is able to enjoy the benefits of the amino acids faster.
- Children remain energetic: The best thing about whey proteins is that they provide an instant source of amino acids for your child. These amino acids fuel the body and keep your little one going. For children who are into sports and athletics, especially, whey proteins can be highly beneficial in preventing any fatigue.
- High concentration of amino acids: Not only does whey contain all the essential amino acids, but it also contains a high concentration. This makes it the best protein source for kids. Since it contains more amino acids than other foods, you can be rest assured that your child is able to get the daily required intake of these essential amino acids.
Are Protein Drinks A Reliable Source of Whey Proteins?
Whey proteins are primarily found in milk and dairy products. Every parent is aware of the age-old battle between children and that glass of milk. The best way to make milk tastier and more acceptable to your child is to choose protein drinks like Gritzo Supermilk. These protein drinks are specially formulated and have several additional benefits such as:
They provide a single source of whey protein that is concentrated according to the age group that your child belongs to.
In addition to whey proteins, they contain other important nutrients like calcium, vitamins, and minerals that improve the overall health of your child.
The added nutrients in the best protein drinks for kids are known to boost their immunity.
Protein drinks are easy to consume. All you have to do is mix it with a glass of milk to make a thick shake. They can also be added to baked goods that your child will love.
They contain electrolytes that keep children hydrated even during periods of prolonged physical activity.
These protein drinks are ideal for homes that rely primarily on a vegetarian diet which does not provide many options to derive proteins from.
When choosing a health drink or protein drink for your child, make sure that you look for ones that are made with natural sweeteners. You must also consult with your doctor before you opt for a protein shake, especially if your child is lactose intolerant. Since whey proteins are derived from milk, your child may experience difficulty digesting it.