It was back in time when to rank high in search results you need to invest time in keyword stuffing and link building efforts. Keyword research is base starting point for online marketing. This affects everything from navigation to site content to web designing. But recent boom in Google’s update has made it laborious task to beat the competition and appear on the first page in the search results.
With more and more ranking factors contributing to where your website willappear in search results the fact is that UX plays an important role in your ranking status. As Google advances its ranking factor strategies, keeping focus on how to get mass to your websites through search results and how users feel is the going to be momentous than ever.
What is UX?
UX can be summed up as how a person experiences as they navigate through the webpage’s targeting the site visitors and decreasing the bounce rate while SEO targets search engines ranking the website high or low affecting the search results.
User experience is different than usability.
- User Experience: It is the showcase of design in shaping a user’s experience while on your website. It’s theusers engagement in respect to its subjective feelings while surfing on your website includingwhether they feel your site is user friendly with an ease to use, engaging and valuable.
- Usability: It depends on the technical effectiveness of your website in terms of its functionality, error free and how easy user can learn the flow of the website. It mainly includes a user’s interaction with the website and search for the relevance of content in accordance to their needs.
The key difference is that user experience main focus is user perception in terms of site interaction and usability is the ease of usage.
SEO and UX partners in website in terms such as:
- SEO targets search engines and ranks
- User experience targets site visitors and bounce rate of website in regards to landing on the site and user interaction with the website.
To summarize it what’s’ good for the user is good for the web crawlers resulting in higher ranks in search engines.Google’s search algorithm emphasizes on website designing for User Experience rather than website designing merely for SEO purposes.
Here are some of the key factors to blend SEO with User Website Experience
Mobile Friendliness and Responsiveness
In today’s era majority of the people use mobile devices to access the internet and keeping this accordance in mind Google released a mobile friendly update in April 2015. In order to increase your website rankings, websites need to adhere UX design in terms of making the websites mobile friendly and legible and functional on devices like phones and tablets.
Mobile friendliness is not only a major factor in consideration to Google ranking but Google has actually created mobile algorithm to help rank websites in lieu of mobile search results.
Two important terms need consideration here:
- Mobile – friendly: If a website passes Google mobile friendly test then in terms of SEO the website is considered to be mobile friendly.
- Responsiveness: A type of website development that enables websites to be mobile friendly by responding to the users’ device is known to be a responsive design.
In accordance to the Google mobile friendly update preferential treatment would be given to websites that are responsive or mobile friendly. This update applies not only on entire website but to individual pages as well.
A lot of websites pass Google’s Mobile Friendly tool but fail on individual pages. Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) shows you exactly what pages are broken, and how to fix them.
One Page Scroll
One page scroll or infinite scroll is one of the techniques that blend SEO and UX in one or the other way keeping in mind the Page Load Time. Creating paginated series along with infinite scroll lets users to find the content easily with minimal page load time.
Defining sections in a clear format will help the visitors with an ease of navigation and make your one page site more legible to search spiders and visitors alike. In this case CSS is define for users focusing more on the UX.
Ensuring great experience through UX by optimizing visuals and content through minimalistic page load time helps Google to rank your site in a better optimized way decreasing the bounce rate of site.
This tool empowers in decision making in regards to increasing performance for your website. It provides recommendations for improving PageSpeed based on current industry practices for both desktop and mobile web performance.
Analyses for Website speed and Performance Optimization can do base on below factors:
- Server Scaled Images
- Optimizing the order of styles and scripts
- Leverage Browser Caching
- Specify Image dimensions
Images are one of the top factors in UX and SEO. Appropriate alt text in images with descriptive file names in context to text is noted in terms of rank factor. Balancing the text and images will be sorted both for UX and SEO departments.
Sitemaps and Navigation Menus
Sitemaps are use for search engine crawlers letting the crawlers follow the links to all the individual WebPages basically insuring the internal linking in the website. They are another excelling way of improving your SEO as it helps users in finding the content.
This fulfills the purpose of sitemap as it makes sure that the search engines crawl all the stuff that they require to crawl from the website. This makes the website easy to crawl, index, and scan and navigate. This creates logical hierarchy and making things organize with ease of navigation and search.
Headings are also consider for road map to guide the site visitors’ through your content. As headings makes it convenient for both search engine crawlers and site visitors what your content is all about.
These tips can be advantageous when it comes to navigation menus:
- Confusing, multi-level and complex menu items should be avoided.
- Navigation in terms of mobile sites’ should be user-friendly
- All WebPages should include appropriate self explanatory
- Consider making menu sticky on top header in case of desktop site so that it follows site visitors as they scroll through the website.
- Keyword research is the base of online marketing so add a search bar so that users can search the content and keyword for what they’re looking for on your site.
The basic designing of a website is between SEO and UX as website begins with structure and ends with the content and it’s designing. The blend in UX ad SEO is important keeping in mind the designing the website for the users as well as for the search-bot.
Find here seo expert in delhi !