Scoliosis is not a simple disorder or just a sideways curve; it is commonly a three-dimensional deformity. It is usually observed in childhood in most of the children. It does not require any treatment if the curve is minor and does not grow continuously. It can be corrected using the back braces for the support and directing the spine to develop in the right direction.
On the contrary, if the curve is progressive in nature, and not still; you need an immediate cure, or else it can prove to be fatal. The spine surgeons provide the Best Treatment for Scoliosis in India.
They keep the patients in observation initially, and later they decide on the treatment procedure accordingly. Some of the characteristic reflections of the severe spinal disorder include:
- Imbalance in the shoulder and the hip levels
- Forward bending of the neck
- There can be certain cosmetic deformities in the walls of the back and the chest
- Psychological Distress
- Unusual alignment of the spine etc.
There can be some other symptoms too, and they may be different for different patients, depending on their condition and the type of scoliosis.
Types of Scoliosis and Its Impact In the Children:
Scoliosis in children can be of three different types
- If the patient has cerebral palsy, then there are chances that the child develops the spinal disorder as the consequence of spinal Bifida; such scoliosis is referred to as neuromuscular scoliosis. It is one of the complex cases of scoliosis with a degree of curve usually higher than thirty degrees. It requires surgical treatment for the cure and cannot be healed with the non-surgical ways of treatment.
- One of the yet another types of scoliosis that is most commonly found in children is idiopathic scoliosis. It is one of the non-structural disorders, that can be healed with non-surgical methods. Around 90% of such cases do not have progressive scoliosis and does not have any severe impact on children.
- The type of scoliosis that may or may not be severe and reflect varied symptoms in the patients is congenital scoliosis. It is the congenital disability, that may be observed in a child within the early years of childhood. It is the structural disorder of the spine and can be corrected if treated smoothly before the maturity of the spine. The condition may get worse if it is not under the continuous observation of a medical professional. You may require the surgery for the cure, if the child attains adulthood.
In short, you may not suffer any major consequences of scoliosis disorder, if you do not delay the treatment and seek medical assistance as you see the symptoms in your child. The Cost of Scoliosis Treatment in India starts at USD 3,500; however, it may vary depending on the procedure followed for the treatment, age of the patient, and other such factors.
Remember, Scoliosis is not a severe disorder only until you do not allow the structure disorder to grow to an unacceptable limit.