How To Take Good Care Of Your Mattress?
A mattress is an essential investment one makes only to get better sleep. Good quality sleep is a must for enhanced mental and physical health. Thus, it is essential to take good care of the mattress and maintain it properly. When you take good care of mattress, you maximize its life and enjoy better sleep for years. However, depending on the type and size of the mattress, you need to follow a certain routine and steps. It is essential to read the special instructions on the label of the mattress regarding its care and maintenance.
Here are some steps to enhance the life of your mattress with better care
- Always place the mattress on a sturdy bed frame to give it the right support. That will prevent it from any breakage and sagging or developing any lumps and bumps in future increasing its durability. Every mattress needs the right kind of support to prevent early wear and maintain the integrity of materials.The box springs offer some support, but the mattresses require further solid support that is available from the bed surface.
- Change the position of the mattress every couple of months, and the purpose is to even out the pressure. Flip regularly to enhance the lifespan of the mattress. Flipping and spinning the mattress gives your mattress time and space to breathe also to give relief to the compressible surface.
- Remove the mattress cover if covered and wash it regularly as it allows the mattress to wear out evenly. Create preventative layers for your mattress to add that extra protection that can keep away moisture, dust, and dirt. There are different mattresses covers come that come in various materials such as cotton blends polyurethane backing. Some of them even carry scented encasements.
- Expose the mattress to direct sunlight as doing so keeps it fresh and free of any mites. The UV rays of the sun penetrate the mattress and get rid of any lurking bugs and mites as well as odours. You can take the mattress back in after a couple of hours. So, strip your mattress every month or two and let them stay in sunlight to air.
- It is a good idea to use a mattress protector so as to keep it safe and protected from stains. Keep it clean and safer from dirt. Some mattress covers or protector provide extra padding for comfort for protection from allergens and bedbugs. The mattress protectors are the simplest and effective way to safeguard the mattress against spills and accidents and prevent all those accidents pills from entering inside the mattress.
- In case you see any stains, spills, and spots on the mattresses, especially those without protective covers, you can try to remove those stains with a damp cloth. Use a mix of Baking Soda and sprinkle it on the mattress, and it will help remove those stains and absorb any odours.
- Handle the mattress carefully, especially when carrying it. It is better to use straps to position the mattress, and at times, several people may need to handle or transport the mattress. One needs to give it full support to prevent it from any damage. Even when you remove the protector or mattress cover, prevent scuffs and scratches.
- Browse for a mattress sale where you can shop for a different type of mattresses. Read the warranty and the specific cleaning instructions after you buy any mattress. Check with the manufacturer for any recommendations.
Consult the manufacturer or look at the warranty policy for recommendations. Box springs are usually used only with spring mattresses, whereas memory foam and other specialty mattresses normally require firm and solid support.