Gutters are a vital component of your roof. Well maintained and clean rain gutters ensure regular water flow so that water doesn’t just fall from the roof side. The falling water from the roof can damage the paint and erode the soil around your house.
Your roof also needs gutters to effectively eliminate water and prevent moisture from staying in the roofing materials after the rain. While cleaning gutters regularly is essential, doing it properly is even more critical.
If you don’t have the proper equipment for the job, it is recommended to contact residential roofing services such as Red Oak Exteriors. Besides, rain gutters can be a complex system, and if any debris is not removed during cleaning, it can quickly clog up the gutters again. It’s essential to spring clean your roof to enhance its lifespan, as Roof Top Services explains.
Most homeowners are confused about whether to hire professionals for gutter cleaning or not; this is why in this article, we will tell you about the alternatives and help you decide for yourself, so keep reading.
Cleaning gutters yourself vs. hiring roofing contractors in Colorado for Gutter cleaning
Colorado gets a diverse range of weather, making it essential to clean your gutters at least twice per year to get rid of debris that ends up in the gutters. As we mentioned above, when it comes to gutter cleaning, you can either clean the gutters yourself or hire roofing contractors in Colorado to do the job for you. There are pros and cons to both options, as explained below:
Advantages of cleaning gutters yourself:
- Low Cost: For homeowners who don’t mind getting their hands dirty, cleaning rain gutters yourself is a low-cost option since you will be saving the roofing contractor’s fee.
Note: However, if you have severely clogged gutters, you might have to buy or rent a pressure washer, increasing the cost of self-cleaning the gutters.
- Flexible schedule: When you hire a professional roofing contractor, you might have to clean your gutters according to the contractor’s schedule. However, by cleaning gutters yourself, you can do it whenever you want to.
Advantages of hiring a professional roofing service:
- No safety risks: Gutters are fitted several feet above the ground, which means to clean them, you need to reach them using a ladder. Combine ladders with pressure washers and you are at serious risk of falling and injuring yourself. Professional roofing contractors and workers are experienced with using ladders and pressure washers to clean rain gutters. So by hiring a roofing services company, you can eliminate the risk of injury.
- Access to better tools: When you hire a professional for cleaning your roof gutters, they will use better equipment and tools than what homeowners usually use; this means a higher quality of cleaning and thorough removal of debris. The use of specialized tools by professionals also means your roof gutters will stay cleaner for longer.
- Prevent damage during cleaning: If it is your first time cleaning gutters or you don’t have the right tools, you might damage the gutters. However, a professional will have the necessary expertise and skills to get the job done without causing any damage.
The advantages of hiring a professional to do the roof gutter cleaning are far more significant than doing it yourself. Not only are you at risk of injury if you clean the gutters yourself, but the quality of cleaning you get might not be up to par.
The cost of getting gutters cleaned professionally is recovered in the form of a well maintained and longer-lasting gutter system. So if you think you only need to call a roofer when you need total home roofing, then think again. Because getting your gutters cleaned is a vital part of roof maintenance.