With changing times, entertainment options have not only doubled in number and but have also gotten much better. Today, many cable providers offer receivers other than just TV packages. One such company is Spectrum that is providing set-top boxes to its customers. This allows users to get more channels. It also enables them to access different online streaming services such as Netflix.
If you have subscribed to Netflix, you can enjoy more features and have an enhanced viewing experience via Spectrum’s digital receivers. But, remember that you need to have Spectrum internet so your favorite shows can stream effortlessly. In addition, you can even stream netflix on discord.
Spectrum Set-Top Box: A Few Insights
A Spectrum set-top box is quite a useful device that allows users to view the content in both SD and HD. Plus, it offers amazing sound quality. The company provides the first set-top box free of cost. However, if you decide to stop using their service, you will be required to return the device. Also, if you want more than one set-top box then you will be charged approximately $6.99 + tax per month. Please note that this price can change in the future.
Spectrum offers a variety of features to its set-top box users. One is that you can expect to have a wider range of channels and will also get to enjoy better picture quality. Also, the company will let the customers choose their favorite TV shows or movies from a huge on-demand library.
Steps to Using Netflix on the Set-Top Box
Now that you know how useful it is to equip yourself with a digital receiver, let’s find out how to use Netflix on your Spectrum set-top box. You can do this with two different methods.
- Hold the remote and press the ‘Menu’ button.
- Go to ‘Apps’.
- You will then need to find Netflix and then press ‘OK’.
- Once it opens, head to ‘Sign In’.
- select ‘Sign Up’ If you are not a member
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- You can now enter the credentials of your account on Netflix.
- Hit ‘OK’. You will now be able to use Netflix.
- Pick the remote and choose channel 2001 or 1002.
- Tap ‘OK’ to open the Netflix app.
- You will now be required to press the ‘Sign In’ option.
- If you haven’t subscribed to Netflix, hit ‘Sign Up’.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now put the credentials of your Netflix account.
- Press ‘OK’ and use the service.
Ways to Exit Netflix Safely
As you may have heard how important it is to choose a strong password for security purposes, however, it is just as important to safely exit Netflix. If you don’t do this then there’s a chance that your credit card information or passwords may get stolen. Here are two methods that you can use to securely log out of Netflix.
- Go to the ‘Home Screen’ of Netflix.
- Push the ‘Back’ button on your remote.
- In case you can’t find it, press the ‘Last’ button.
- Now select the ‘Gear Icon’ from the options.
- Press ‘Sign Out’.
- Now tap ‘Yes’ to sign out of Netflix.
- Head to the ‘Home Screen’.
- Tap the ‘Back’ button.
- Choose the ‘Gear Icon’.
- Press ‘Exit’.
- Tap ‘OK’ to log out from Netflix.
Netflix will continue to recommend a series of movies and TV shows according to your preference on your Spectrum set-top box. The highlight of this feature is that the number of movies and shows in ‘My List’ will keep increasing. This way, you will always have new content to watch every time.
- HD Resolution
Netflix will allow you to stream the content on the set-top box in HD. All you have to do is make sure that you have a high-speed internet connection that will run the content in HD without any lag.
- Parental Control
Do you have kids at home? If yes, then you can limit their use of Netflix by using the parental control option. Just choose a password that is hard to guess. You can then let your kids stream their shows on Netflix without any worries.
- Audio & Subtitle Options
What makes Netflix so special is that it provides the audio, caption, and subtitle options. This means that you can watch the shows in the language of your preference with great sound quality. To do it, go to settings and change the default audio, and subtitle options.
Be it Spectrum TV or the internet, the company never falls short of providing quality service to the customers. Their set-top box is no exception. They fulfill the needs of customers and keep them entertained by giving them HD content to enjoy. You can also get Netflix on the device that will let you watch a variety of content. This guide is all you need to figure out how to use the popular streaming service on Spectrum’s set-top box.